Saturday, May 10, 2008

Week 11 - Online Applications and Tools

First, the good news - there isn't any. Now, the bad news. I haven't been able to create a document in google docs. I click on "New" in the top left hand corner of the screen as Help says to, and I check that I am in "documents", but I can't type on the screen/page. I can get access to all the other features of google docs. I've also gone back to trying to get Library Thing on my blog. As you will see I've got a beautiful heading on my blog, but no list of books showing. Might go back to that later.

In my library I can't think of many ways to use google docs. Library has a small staff and I'm not involved in admin work to know what goes on there. I can only think that agendas for staff meetings could be put in google docs. I also know that our Librarian is writing a procedures manual and it might be an idea for her to put that on goggle docs so that all staff could add their two cents worth before it's printed and put into use.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

All I can suggest is try again - sometimes there are glitches.

Ellen (PLS)